Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dallas: Butterfly House

I decided to take a "practice" day for photography this weekend.  I figured that there were plenty of Dallas-area destinations still to explore so I wandered to the Butterfly Gardens.  Although I don't own a macro lens for extreme close-ups, I figured that butterflies would be a challenging shoot since they are small and fast.  Since we're experiencing a bout of cold weather, the outdoor gardens were closed; instead, I explored the butterfly house - a climate-controlled terrarium.  Here are a few shots.
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks... still working on it. I was using my 50mm f/1.8D for these pictures. My big mistake was using such a low f-stop. I did it for the quicker shutter speeds (to capture the fast butterflies) but it made my depth of field so narrow and many of my shots are not as sharp as I would have liked.

    ReplyDelete